Monday 15 February 2010

Doctor Who review project: Part 1

Last year I voted in Doctor Who magazine's 'Mighty 200' story poll and it got me thinking. Although, I voted my own opinion, most were general guesses. Now however, I want to find out for sure what my opinion is on the whole of the Doctor Who TV series, both old and new. As a continuing film student studying Video Production at University, my critical opinions have probably developed a fair amount since I last thought about this properly 3-5 years ago, so I thought it would be interesting to find out.

Of course, re-evaluating all 205 of the Doctor Who episodes made so far is going to be a long, and at times somewhat dull task, but I'm hoping the results will be worth it in the end.

I've already seen 33 complete stories across all the Doctors so far, and from what I can see, New Series Doctor Who (2005-Present) has gained more favor with me than previously, and despite Jon Pertwee being my favourite Doctor, his episodes are still a hair's breadth aware from being in my top favourites of all time. However it's still early days so far, so I'll come back to this in a couple of months time.

No comments: